Thursday, January 20, 2011

chocolate granola

I made this yesterday, and you should make it too! While we try to avoid re-blogging things here on yumcoast, some recipes are just too good not to share. And this is one of them. Not too sweet, pretty healthy, perfect on its own, or with milk, this granola is a revelation.

I have been making my own granola for some time now - and sometimes, even granola bars! - and this one is a little different. I found it a little bit drier than other granola recipes, and it didn't form very large clumps. I used a 60% Cacao Ghirardelli bar, and left the pieces pretty chunky. I also had no problem finding the millet puffs and rice puffs - I picked mine up at Harvest Coop in Cambridge, but they are also sold at Whole Foods. And just like La Tartine Gourmande, I cannot stop snacking on it! So go ahead, get baking!

Oh, and did I mention it's gluten free?

No comments: