Friday, July 24, 2009

simply delicious



I have a little confession to make. I have been keeping something from you. Sometimes I can be a little selfish. But really, this recipe is so deliciously easy, so incredibly versatile that i can't keep it under wraps forever!

My mom has been making these brownies for as long as I can remember. I make them more often than I care to admit, but they are so easy and satisfying. And you only have to wash one pan! I usually sprinkle chocolate chips over the top before baking, but you could add nuts, dried cherries, fresh raspberries, marshmallows . . . the list goes on. You can also top them with vanilla ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce for the perfect brownie fudge sundae. Now go. Make them! Sharing is optional :)



Saucepan Brownies

1 stick unsalted butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8-inch baking pan.

Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over medium heat.

Once melted, remove from heat, and add remaining ingredients in the order they are listed. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

- e

No comments: